At Elite Dental Studio, we believe in empowering our patients with knowledge about their dental procedures. Dr. Perry, a skilled and compassionate dentist at our studio, leads our efforts in providing comprehensive care. This guide is dedicated to explaining the process and benefits of a frenectomy, along with answering the top five questions patients often have.
What is a Frenectomy?
A frenectomy is a simple dental procedure aimed at removing or reshaping the frenulum, a small fold of tissue in the mouth. This procedure is common in both children and adults and is often necessary when the frenulum restricts movement or causes other dental issues.
The Frenectomy Process
- Initial Consultation: Dr. Perry evaluates the need for a frenectomy through an examination and discussion of symptoms.
- Preparation: Before the procedure, the area is cleaned, and local anesthesia is applied for a pain-free experience.
- The Procedure: Dr. Perry skillfully removes or reshapes the frenulum using precise dental tools. The process is quick, typically taking less than 15 minutes.
- Recovery Guidance: Post-procedure, you’ll receive clear instructions for care to ensure a smooth recovery.
Benefits of a Frenectomy
- Improves Oral Function: It can enhance speech and eating capabilities.
- Prevents Oral Health Issues: A frenectomy can prevent gum recession and gaps between teeth.
- Enhances Comfort: It alleviates discomfort caused by a tight frenulum.
- Supports Orthodontic Treatments: Beneficial for those undergoing orthodontic work, like braces.
- Simple and Effective: The procedure is straightforward with high success rates.
Common Questions About Frenectomies
- Is a Frenectomy Painful?
- Discomfort is minimal. Local anesthesia ensures a comfortable experience, and post-procedure discomfort is typically mild.
- What is the Recovery Time?
- Recovery is quick, with most returning to normal activities the same day. Complete healing usually occurs within a few weeks.
- Are There Any Risks with a Frenectomy?
- Risks are minimal. However, as with any procedure, there’s a small chance of infection or bleeding, which Dr. Perry carefully monitors.
- Why Would Someone Need a Frenectomy?
- Reasons vary, including speech difficulties, issues with teeth alignment, or challenges with eating.
- How Much Does a Frenectomy Cost?
- Costs can vary, but Elite Dental Studio offers transparent pricing and works with insurance providers to manage the financial aspects.
Under Dr. Perry’s expert care at Elite Dental Studio, a frenectomy is a safe, effective procedure with numerous benefits. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients’ comfort and health, providing personalized care for each individual’s needs. If you’re considering a frenectomy or have more questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Your oral health and comfort are our top priority!
Ready to get started?
Our Dental Studio
Call or text (508) 366-8808
11 West Main Street, 2nd fl,
Westborough Ma. 01581
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 7 PM
Wednesday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: 8 AM - 2 PM
Our dentist office is on the 2nd floor at 11 West Main St in Westborough, MA. There's free street parking right in front of the entrance.