At Elite Dental Studio, we understand that the thought of osseous surgery can be daunting. Led by the skilled and compassionate Dr. Perry, our team is dedicated to providing you with all the information you need. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the process and benefits of osseous surgery and answer some common questions to ease your concerns.
What is Osseous Surgery?
Osseous surgery, also known as pocket reduction surgery, is a dental procedure aimed at treating periodontal disease. It involves the removal of bacteria and damaged bone around teeth to prevent infection and tooth loss.
The Process of Osseous Surgery
Examination and Planning: Dr. Perry will first examine your gums and teeth to determine the extent of the periodontal disease. This stage often involves X-rays and a thorough cleaning.
Anesthesia: To ensure your comfort, local anesthesia is administered before the surgery.
Surgical Procedure: Dr. Perry makes small incisions in your gums to expose the roots and bone. Damaged bone is reshaped, and harmful bacteria are removed.
Closing Incisions: The gums are then sutured back into place to fit snugly around the tooth.
Recovery and Aftercare: Post-surgery, you’ll receive instructions on how to care for your mouth during the healing process.
Benefits of Osseous Surgery
- Reduces Bacterial Spread: By removing bacteria, the surgery helps prevent further infection and damage.
- Halts Bone Loss: The procedure stops the progression of bone loss around teeth.
- Enhances Tooth Stability: Reshaping the bone around teeth improves their stability.
- Improves Oral Health: Overall oral health is enhanced, reducing the risk of systemic health issues linked to periodontal disease.
- Aesthetic Improvement: In some cases, it can improve the appearance of your smile.
Common Questions About Osseous Surgery
Is Osseous Surgery Painful?
- While the surgery involves some discomfort, anesthesia ensures a pain-free experience. Post-operative pain is typically manageable with prescribed or over-the-counter pain relievers.
How Long is the Recovery Process?
- Recovery varies, but most patients resume normal activities within a few days. Complete healing may take a few weeks.
Are There Any Risks Involved?
- Like any surgery, there are risks, such as infection or delayed healing. Dr. Perry takes all necessary precautions to minimize these risks.
How Effective is Osseous Surgery?
- When combined with good oral hygiene and regular dental visits, osseous surgery is highly effective in controlling periodontal disease.
How Much Does Osseous Surgery Cost?
- The cost varies depending on the extent of the surgery and your insurance coverage. Elite Dental Studio offers various financing options to accommodate your budget.
At Elite Dental Studio, under the expert care of Dr. Perry, we prioritize your oral health and comfort. Osseous surgery is a valuable tool in our arsenal against periodontal disease, offering numerous benefits and a high success rate. If you have any more questions or wish to schedule a consultation, contact us today. Your healthy smile is our mission!
Ready to get started?
Our Dental Studio
Call or text (508) 366-8808
11 West Main Street, 2nd fl,
Westborough Ma. 01581
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 7 PM
Wednesday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: 8 AM - 2 PM
Our dentist office is on the 2nd floor at 11 West Main St in Westborough, MA. There's free street parking right in front of the entrance.